If you’re familiar with the Village of Lincolnwood (The Village), you know what we mean when we say the feeling of community has a strong presence in this charming North Chicago suburb. The Village is a desirable, resident-centered place to live any time of the year. A lifestyle philosophy of family and community, and a celebration of the seasons and holidays together, make Lincolnwood the perfect location for senior living. In fact, The Carrington at Lincolnwood shares the same lifestyle objectives as The Village for its older adult residents.
Here, we’d like to tell you more about the Village of Lincolnwood and what you might expect as a resident in the coming weeks of winter. We’ll also explain how senior living at The Carrington complements the area’s North Shore lifestyle—especially during the festive weeks of December.
If you’re considering a move for yourself, or the senior in your life, and have been wondering “. . . but what is there to do during the winter holidays in Lincolnwood,” wonder no more! We’re sure you’ll be active, cozy, safe and surrounded by many new neighbors and friends who enjoy the same things you do!
Winter Worries Eliminated—Getting Around to Celebrate.
The following are a few thoughts on Lincolnwood’s location and getting where you want to go during the winter months—especially during the holidays.
- There’s no better place to celebrate the winter holidays than in Chicagoland, right? Decorations, lights, music, dining, theatre, cultural events. Lincolnwood borders Skokie and Evanston along the Northeast Parkway. This great location positions residents within easy access to the city, family, houses of worship and many cultural opportunities during the winter holidays, and all year ‘round.
- The Carrington makes transportation readily available for anywhere you want to go, especially for weekly religious outings to various congregations in Lincolnwood—a popular activity this time of year. You can also say goodbye to hazardous road conditions and navigating snow and ice to get to year-end medical and professional appointments or celebrations with family or friends.
- Remember last winter when seven inches of snow fell at one time on Chicagoland? If you settle into a senior living community like The Carrington, your days of shoveling and scraping will be in the past. Your time will be your own—time to spend enjoying wonderful winter activities. Read on!
How Lincolnwood Does December.
To get the full story on community activities available to residents of The Village in December, download the Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Activities Guide. This detailed, full-color publication covers all events sponsored by The Village during the last quarter of this year—including the festive holiday season. Here are some of the Annual Holiday Events you can look forward to around the community as a Lincolnwood resident:
- Lincolnwood Lights. Annual Village Holiday Tree-lighting Celebration at Village Hall. The eighth annual lighting was celebrated just after Thanksgiving with lights, music, hot chocolate and stories.
- Holiday Lights in the Village Hall Promenade. The Home for the Holidays exterior lighting contest spreads cheer every year as residents register their homes and join neighbors on a special Lincolnwood Holiday Lights Tour Map. Tours go on throughout the month.
- Breakfast with Santa. The Lincolnwood Community Center is the location for this special event enjoyed every year by children and adults. Donations collected for Toys for Tots add a great opportunity to spread more cheer.
- Ginger Bread House Decorating. All supplies—pre-built houses, frosting, candy, goodies—are included for this family event held every year in the Lincolnwood Community Center.
- Make-A-Flake Family Craft Project. The lawns around Lincolnwood are filled with REALLY BIG snowflakes in the winter months as families join in to decorate and light these wooden decorations for all passers-by to see.
- Noon Year’s Eve. As in years past, a family-friendly party at the Lincolnwood Community Center is again planned to ring in the New Year of 2022 starting at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 30. DJ music, dancing, games and noisemakers will set the stage for the countdown and gigantic balloon drop.
And, If You Choose The Carrington for Senior Living . . .
. . . we take advantage of every holiday to be together, party and have fun. These special times, along with the beauty of the winter season in the Village of Lincolnwood, make The Carrington the perfect place to be as the year ends—especially if you’re a senior. The following resident-centered celebrations support engagement, socialization, satisfaction and well-being during the festive holiday season:
- Several Hanukkah Candle Lighting ceremonies.
- Hanukkah sing-alongs, poetry readings and mealtime celebrations.
- Vocal and instrumental holiday musical concerts. Carolers, of course!
- Holiday shopping and tree-lightings in Lincolnwood.
- Volunteer involvement in food and toy drives, and other charitable giving.
- Holiday parties and brunches, and, of course, a New Year’s Eve party.
The Lifestyle You Lead Today—Only BETTER!
At The Carrington, we like to say we enhance the lifestyle you already lead and make it even better—easier, more exciting, more active, more choices, and many more friends and neighbors in the Village of Lincolnwood to share time and activities with. See for yourself—come and visit us! Schedule an in-person tour today.